Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is my car OK for a JRSC??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a 96 GS-R that I bought used a couple of months ago. The car has already 60K miles and I am interested in a JRSC. How can I know if the car is in conditions to handle a JRSC or if it will blow the engine. The car runs good and do not use any oil, but is there anything I should check before investing in any kind of FI?
    Has anyone installed a JRSC with a car with similar milleage? What was the outcome?


    ------------------
    --
    Milano Red 96 GS-R
    AEM Cold Air Intake

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Turismo's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 1999
    Posts
    557
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just bought my 96 GSR about 6 months ago with 34K on it. It's strong and burns no oil also. I slapped the kit on right at 40K and it kicks ass! No problems here, and it sees redline often, and still no oil consumption. I would reccomend a couple of extras that don't come with the base kit (fuel pump, A/F meter at least if not the J&S safeguard or some sort of detonation insurance, fuel pressure guage, and I'm still pondering bigger injectors). Most these are just things to make sure everything is working correctly together and will help fine tune your setup better. It's a great kit and if your motors strong and you run good oil I can't picture any premature problems.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SteveW's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 1999
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would say a compression test would also help you determine the condition of the engine. The gauge needed is like 20 bucks and could be used on any other car as well.

    Steve

  4. #4
    Inactive Member briguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My 94 GSR has over 85k on it and the JRSC has worked great. I say go for it!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SenekaGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 1999
    Posts
    96
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey.. how much do compression tests and leakdown tests cost to get done profesionally. and where can i do it at.. want to see if engine will be able to handle drag3. thanks.

    ------------------
    94gsr, Drag3 and yellow paint goin on in april

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2000
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is a race against a friend with another GS-R a fair test for engine condition. I raced my friends 96 GS-R with 40K miles and we were head to head from 1st all the way to redline in 3rd (Basically 0 to 100). He has the car since 15K miles and we both only have the AEM CAI. Can I assume that if his compression is OK mine is OK also since we were even from 0 to 100.

    ------------------
    --
    Milano Red 96 GS-R
    AEM Cold Air Intake

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AcuraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 1999
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Racer, if you decide to go SC with your car, I've got the JRSC kit brand new I'm selling. I've got the complete kit with the new support brace and switch, all the gaskets you need, and a new fuel filter. I even have the Walbro 255lph fuel pump for it. I'm selling because I decided to go SupraTT instead of upgrading my GSR.

    Give me an email if you're interested. I'm selling it for $2500 shipped.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •